Crop Insurance Seminar 2019
More than 90 Lake and Mendocino County winegrape growers attended an informational seminar on January 8, 2019, at The Lodge at Blue Lakes in Upper Lake, California to learn more about the workings of crop insurance and how the federal program can be used to reduce farming risk.
A big thank you to the following speakers:
- John Aguirre, President, California Association of Winegrape Growers
- Michael Miiller, Director of Government Relations, California Association of Winegrape Growers
- Greg Merrill, CIC, AFIS, Executive Vice President, Pan American Insurance Services
- John Fremoire, Vice President, Western Regional Claims, NAU Country
- John Wienstroer, SVP, Branch Operations Western Branch, NAU Country
Note: Representatives from USDA Risk Management Agency and USDA Farm Service Agency were unable to attend due to the government shutdown.
You can download presentations here:
“Crop Insurance,” Greg Merrill, Pan American
“Crop Insurance – Claims Update,” John Wienstroer and John Fremoire, NAU Country
“Protection for Financial Losses in Vineyards,” American AgCredit
“State Brief,” Michael Miiller, CAWG
Seminar presented by:
LCWC Executive Committee Meeting 2:30 pm
LCWC Executive Committee Meeting @ Video Conference (see Agenda)
Jun 22 @ 2:30 pm – 3:00 pm
Agenda – LCWC Executive Committee Meeting, June 22, 2021
LCWC Board Meeting 3:00 pm
When Glenn McGourty arrived in Lake County in the 1970s, he...
Sauvignon Blanc is Lake County’s flagship varietal...
With a long-standing reputation for professionalism and...
With major wildfires occurring every year in California,...
More than 60 growers, vineyard consultants, and pest...