Sheep & Grapes
A workshop about the production, soil health, and climate benefits of integrating sheep into the vineyard. Hear from Wine Country farmers, as well as university and extension specialists.
- Learn about the benefits of sheep grazing on soil health and vineyard floor management, and how sheep are managed around the grape production cycle.
- Learn about sheep health, physiology, and management.
- Learn how vineyard managers in California’s Wine Country have used sheep in their vineyards.
- Learn how shepherds and ranchers provide grazing services to vineyards.
- Learn about a new project that seeks to understand how sheep-vineyard systems may be utilized to increase soil health and soil organic carbon while providing multiple production benefits.
- Amélie Gaudin, UC Davis, Assistant Professor of Agroecology
- Dave Koball, Noble Vineyard Management, Director of Viticulture
- Glenn McGourty, UC Cooperative Extension, County Director & Viticulture Advisor
- Jim Lincoln, Beckstoffer Vineyards, Vineyard Manager
- Kari Flores, Robert Sinskey Vineyards, Farming Operations Manager
- Kelsey Brewer, UC Davis, Graduate Student
- Mary Maher, Harlan Estate, Vineyard Manager
- Miguel Garcia, Napa County RCD, Sustainable Agriculture Program Manager
- Robert and Jaime Irwin, Kaos Sheep Outfit, Owners
- Stephanie Larson, UC Cooperative Extension, County Director & Livestock Range Management Advisor
Presented by: Napa County Resource Conservation District, University of California Cooperative Extension, Community Alliance with Family Farmers (CAFF) + Farmers Guild, Fibershed
LCWC Research & Education Committee Meeting 9:00 am
LCWC Community/Industry Relations Committee Meeting 2:00 pm
LCWC Community/Industry Relations Committee Meeting @ LCWC Office
Apr 12 @ 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Agenda – LCWC Community-Industry Relations Committee, April 12, 2019
Members of the highest-rated wineries in Northern...
Community leaders attended the final session of the...
Last month the California Department of Pesticide...
What is Irrigation Distribution Uniformity? The...
A depth well sounder is used to measure the height...