Current Developments in Vineyard Mechanization & Precision Management
On April 22, the UC Davis Department of Viticulture & Enology will present its first V&E Extension program focused on the most current research in various vineyard mechanization and precision management systems.
The program, Current Developments in Vineyard Mechanization & Precision Management, will take place Friday, April 22, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., at the UC Davis Conference Center and the Robert Mondavi Institute Teaching and Research Vineyard.
Cost for the program is $250 and includes continental breakfast, lunch, and handouts. Enrollment is limited. Registration may be completed by credit card by visiting http://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=17574. To register and pay by check, contact Kay Bogart by email or by phone: 530-754-9876.
The morning session will feature lectures by experts describing the research and results in some detail, and the afternoon session will be devoted to vineyard demonstrations of the equipment and procedures described during the morning presentations.
Dr. Kaan Kurtural, the Department’s new UCCE Viticulture Extension specialist, will moderate the day’s program and present much of his own research on vineyard mechanization and its impact on vineyard productivity variables, as well as resultant winegrape and wine quality.
- Vineyard mechanization for both large and small scale growers
- Impact of commercial grape production practices, such as mechanization, on resultant winegrape and wine composition
- Single-vine irrigation to address variability in vineyards
- Precision delineation of soil properties in vineyards
- Spot spraying using drones in vineyards
In-field demonstrations will include:
- Mechanized pruning and shoot thinning equipment from both Clemens and V-Mech
- Single vine irrigation systems
- Variable rate recirculating sprayer
- Drone spot sprayer
When Glenn McGourty arrived in Lake County in the 1970s, he...
Sauvignon Blanc is Lake County’s flagship varietal...
With a long-standing reputation for professionalism and...
With major wildfires occurring every year in California,...
More than 60 growers, vineyard consultants, and pest...